Wander Summer Internship
Position – Summer Intern
Time Commitment – May through August 2016. Schedule has some flexibility but will most often require 1 to 3 days per week, 4 to 6 hours per day, based on Wander Truck schedule. Some weekend days required.
Compensation – Unpaid (School Credit Available)
Who We Are – Wander is a year old company that sells American made home goods, jewelry and accessories both online and out of a mobile boutique. The boutique is housed in the back of a converted FedEx truck. We travel around Massachusetts, attending events and parking in popular pedestrian locations. (Our 2016 truck calendar can be found here.) We strive to curate an original assortment of American made goods and connect customers with the maker story behind each item.
What You’ll Gain – Wander is a non-traditional retail business and the experience you’ll gain as an intern will be varied. Each day is different, but you’ll be exposed to all aspects of running a mobile boutique as well as an e-commerce business. You’ll work one-on-one with Laura, the founder of Wander, and meet other mobile boutique and food truck owners (most are entrepreneurs themselves) as well as a wide variety of artisans and craftsman. You’ll spend your days outside, instead of stuck behind a desk, and your input and ideas will be valued. You’ll have the opportunity to play an important role in an exciting, new, small business!
- Attend Wander Truck events and assist in set-up, selling, and break-down
- Learn product assortment and become an authoritative voice on the maker story behind each brand carried at Wander
- Help select product assortment
- Promote daily events via social media
- Engage with Wander customers, provide shopping assistance when needed, and strive to meet daily sales goals
- Friendly and outgoing; comfortable in a retail sales environment
- Fast learner, reliable, good communication skills
- Interest in working in an entrepreneurial or start-up environment
- Ability to create engaging social media content
- Experience in Photoshop, InDesign and web editing tools a plus
- Willing to work outdoors and able to cope with changing weather
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have valid driver’s license and possess reliable transportation to get to event locations. (Parking, tolls and mileage will be reimbursed.)
To Apply – Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.